Webometrics is a ranking system for the world’s universities based on a composite indicator that takes into account both the volume of the Web content (number of web pages and files) and the visibility and impact of these web publications according to the number of external inlinks (site citations) they received.
University of Ibadan, the premier University retains the top spot and number sixteen(16) in Africa and 1249 in the world (too bad)
Below is the top ten Nigerian universities.
(1) University of Ibadan.
(2) Covenant University, Ota
(3) University of Nigeria.
(4) Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife
(5) University of Lagos.
(6) Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
(7) University of Port Harcourt.
(8) Federal University of Technology, Akure
(9) University of Benin.
(10) Adekunle Ajasin University.
Check out where your Alma mata falls.