Fire!!! Outbreak At Lokoja Electronics Mall At Lokoja – Abuja High Way
A multi-million mall located few metres away from the premises of the Federal Fire Service along the Murtala Mohammed road was completely burned down in the fire accident, which reportedly started around 11.50pm.
The incident occurred two days after no fewer than 25 people died in a tanker explosion in Felele, along the Lokoja-Abuja highway.
An eyewitness said residents watched helplessly as the three-storey electronic shop was burned down.
An unconfirmed source said the fire was caused by a spark that resulted from electric surge.
Earlier in 2020, officers of the Federal Fire Service outfit stationed in the state didn’t respond when an overnight fire engulfed the Lokoja residence of a retired police commissioner, close to the Police ‘C’ Division in the Second 200 Units Housing Estate, opposite the Confluence Hotel.
Residents said repeated calls to the Federal Fire Service station went unanswered.
The two-storey building and the Boys’ Quarters in the compound would have been razed to the ground but for the concerted efforts of residents.
Investigations by The Nation revealed the Kogi Federal Fire Service station took delivery of about three new fire vehicles sometime in 2019.
The vehicles are sometimes seen being driven around the capital.